The PTT Dispatch Console is a PC-based application that allows dispatchers to manage members of their PTT device fleet in real time. Contacts and dispatch groups are pushed to the Dispatch Console from the Corporate Administrator Tool (CAT).
- Dispatch Console version 2.12 summary
- View contact presence status (online, offline, do not disturb)
- Initiate one-to-one calls to a single contact from the contacts list
- Initiate group calls where a group is assigned to a dispatcher by the Corporate Administrator Tool
- Override PTT communications in a group call with Supervisory Override feature
- Initiate Quick Group call with 2 or more contacts selected from the contacts list
- Initiate a high-priority one way Broadcast Call to up 500 contacts (pre-empting other ongoing calls)
- Send contacts Instant Personal Alerts
- Record call sessions
- Locate individual PTT contacts on-demand and in real-time using the integrated map
- Talkgroup Scanning: dispatcher is able to monitor (or scan) activity and communicate with a subset of up to 16 corporate groups they belong to. When a call is active on a group within the scan list, the client automatically joins that call and PTT user can participate
- Priority Group Scanning a Talkgroup Scanning feature that allows you to designate 3 out of the 16 groups with priority levels 1 (highest) through to Priority 3 (lowest)- calls on a higher priority group pre-empt calls on a lower priority group
(scan lists are managed from either a PTT device or from the CAT tool)
Dispatch Console Minimum Requirements
Note: The disk space specified includes the space required for recording the call conversation, storage of reports, and also for storage of backup files.
- Processor: Dual Core 2.1 GHz (minimum) Intel Core i5 or above
- RAM (Memory): 4 GB (minimum)
- Minimum required Hard Disk space: 1GB required for the installation (5GB or higher is recommended depending on your storage needs)
- Monitor: 20.1 inches or better flat panel LCD Monitor with a 1600 X 1200 resolution setting (recommended).
- A standard sound card supporting a headset and speaker
- 2+ Mbps Data Connectivity
|Operating System Requirements|
- Windows 7 Professional Edition SP1 32-bit or 64-bit version
- Windows 8.0/8.1, Windows 8.0/8.1 Pro or Enterprise 32 bit or 64 bit version
- Windows 10 Pro or Enterprise 32 bit or 64 bit version
- Internet Explorer (IE) 11 or Microsoft Edge 25 with File Download and Script options enabled.
- (DOT) .Net Framework 3.5 and above
- Windows Media Player 10 and above
- You must disable firewall services on your laptop/desktop before installing the Dispatch Console.
- Ports 443, 80 and 8080 must be open to both install and run Dispatch Console.
- Dispatch Console does not support authenticated HTTP/SOCKS proxies to establish a connection with the PTT server. The communication path between Dispatch Console and the PTT server uses a TLS connection.
|Mobile Device Requirements|
- Android and iOS smartphones with the latest version of PTT installed
How to Access the Tool (Medium/Enterprise)
Note: In order to exit the CAT application, the user needs to Click the Exit button. If you have modified any data without saving, a warning message is displayed for any unsaved data.
|Go to http://www.interaction.bell.ca/, this will take you to the Bell Business Portal.|
|Login with your username and password.|
|Once you have signed in the initial screen, click on the eCare link and then again on the eCare link that will appear on the right side of the screen. You will then see several options to choose from on the right side of the screen. On the bottom you will see PTT. Click on this to access the Corporate Administrator Tool for PTT.|
|Once you click on the PTT link above you will be brought to your CAT home page|